HERE....THERE....NOWHERE....

Singing like a caged bird

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Here....


Reading May Sarton's Journal of a Solitude.....her visions of the surrounding nature and her inner feelings enthrall me.

The chest cracker wants to have at me on the 20th...not a bad day...Robert Frost read from memory his poem "The Gift Outright" at JFK's Inaugural.....

And Marty Moss was born 100 years ago.....he was assistant director of the TV series "I Led 3 Lives", based on the autobiography of Herb Philbrick. Philbricks store was the little tiny variety store and lunch counter in Rye Beach, N.H. where I spent my childhood summers frolicking in the surf, playing on the rocks and getting woefully sunburnt. Philbricks was great for a popsicle or a bag of chips.....

There....


And things could be worse on the 20th.....like in Baku or in many areas of central Asia where there is scant health care, scant democracy and abundant poverty.

Nowhere....


For any Flaneur wannabees (I know at least one downunder who will admit it ) lurking out there.......
http://www.flaneur.org/


I have a scrolling marquee screensaver with the following quotes:

Illigitmi non carborundum! Translation? Hey, I am an educator ...look it up!!!!

"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend -- in vain" --Schiller

"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent." --Carl Sandburg

What's on your screen?

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home